Good first impressions are the only way to attract new customers to your café. Everyone is selling a coffee, a pastry and an experience in the form of a café however, what sets you apart from the competition is the visual appeal of your setup. The more attractive your café looks and the more, new customers it will attract. There are different elements to your café that can be tweaked to increase the overall appeal. In the olden days, simply white washing the place would have done the trick however, in this fashion forward and savvy world, a humble redecoration will not be enough.
The most crucial element of the customer experience
You need to assess what it is that that your customers interact with the most once they decide to visit you and work on those elements to provide exactly the kind of feel you wish your customers to have. Some would say the name and the way you design the board is key, some would say the aroma inside and outside your café is what brings you customers however, there is one most important element that makes them sit down and order stuff which by now you might have guessed is – The café menu.
The Menu is a gateway that you provide to the customers that takes them on delicious journeys and triggers both nostalgia and hope. The anticipation of what you might have to offer and what delectable items you might have that can quench their desires is satisfied only through a good and carefully crafted menu. When a customer enquires about the food you serve, it is not the food that makes or breaks the deal, it is the menu that convinces them
Designing the menu
There are scores of printing services that can help you with the best quality paper or the perfect cover and the intricate bindings of the pages. However, there are a few things you have to keep in mind if you wish to understand how can you design a great menu.
- Theme – You know what best captures the essence of your café hence chose a design theme that speaks to the customer about what kind of experience they will get by eating at your café.
- Pictures – A picture can speak a thousand words, imagine what a bunch of them can do through your menu. Use them to bring out the hunger and excitement in your customers.
- Logo – It goes without saying that the logo of your café should be a vital component of your menu even if your menu is minimalistic.
- Language – Use simple language and insert small sentences to describe the food items they are about to savour.
- Print – Hire the best print services and always use good quality colours and paper on your menu. The last thing you want is a good design with shabby implementation that turns off the customer.
You can take help from a professional artist to get a good design or simply go online to design your own menu but a little help from an experienced artist always helps.